We're still here

Sorry we've been very flat out with a few things in the last few days like shopping, shoes, dancing, more tango classes and staying out of the rain. We're still here and I hope to post some more substantial articles tomorrow if possible.

We move out of our apartment tomorrow into the hotel before we start our tour of Iguazu, Paraty and then onto Rio de Janeiro. Should be good, but we have a bit of creative packing to do (how do you protect 11 pairs of shoes from getting squashed in your respective pieces of luggage?). I've just bought the local paper to stuff into them which should stop them getting squashed.

The rain has been phenomenal... there has been so much that a state of emergency has been declared up further north of Argentina in places like Santa Fe and Cordoba (not where we are heading) where it is flooding quite badly.

We finished off our fourth and last class with Fabrizio today and boy do I feel like we have a lot of work to do. He has made both of us think a lot more about how to make sure the basic movements are done just right. Only thing is that it will take a very long time to get them exactly so. They have been very enjoyable.

Went for a day trip out to Recoleta, San Telmo, Caminito in La Boca and Puerto Madero a new neighbourhood in BsAs on Wednesday. The day was grey and overcast but we were lucky to miss the rain. I should have a tonne of photos which I will post a link to eventually.

Posted byAndrew at 11:03 am  

2 comments:

Kasia said... 2:34 pm  

Hola Andjei (& Kellie),

Do you still have your Duty Free Bags? When I brought 11 pairs of shoes back from Indonesia I creatively packed them in my Duty Free Bags. Coconut Airways were none the wiser and let me take them as carry on instead of checking in. My shoes were safe and sound... until I started wearing them around Adelaide. But of course that's another story. :)

Have fun.

Love, Kasia xxx

Andrew said... 11:47 am  

Haha. That's diabolical! Creative packing will definitely come in handy. =) We are having a ball. Now on our GAP tour.

Post a Comment