Come fly with me

We arrived at the airport at 8am to catch our 9:30 flight to Buenos Aires. Very excited. The flight was delayed slightly but we ended up having enough time to grab a quick coffee and tostado (toasted sandwich). Luckily this flight was short (only about 1.5 hours) and the views are amazing. I wish I had my camera but we were seated in an exit aisle and had to stow our luggage in a really hard to get to compartment. Maybe on the way home.

We got to Buenos Aires around 12.30 in the afternoon and things are reasonably organised here. I didn't feel as pestered here as we did arriving at Santiago by taxi drivers etc. We waited in line at the ATM and had some problems with our cards, but after a short walk and some broken Spanish/English queries, we managed to find another ATM which worked. One of the tips we had was to use the remis service rather than the taxis as they can be safer and you don't have as many problems with the fare... only problem is that they are run by private firms who charge a lot for the privelige. Oh well... $85 pesos lighter (AUD$35) we arrived at our apartments in the Downtown area of Buenos Aires. I hope that in the next few days I might have time to post some images as it is very cool.

Posted byAndrew at 12:00 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment